No Bull With Melissa - Episode 2 - Protein Bars

My first #NoBullWithMelissa review video was a pretty big hit - so I was excited to record my second video - this time reviewing some protein bars.  

Protein bars can be great as a meal-replacement (the JimmyBar! says MEAL REPLACEMENT right on the label!) or as a way to supplement your protein throughout the day.  There are just SO many available on the market - these are four brands I had never actually heard of before - because my FAVORITE go-to bar is the Oh Yeah! One Almond Bliss Bar.  I didn't think it was fair to review something in this video that I know I love.   This video was for trying NEW things.... the great beyond of protein bars.

Here's the video, and below it, the info on each product I taste-tested.

JimmyBar! - High Protein Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar... this bar has 21g protein, 1g sugar, and is gluten free. 

Ingredients: Peanut Butter, Soy Crisps (Soy Protein Isolate, Tapioca Starch, Salt), Maltitol Syrup, Whey Protein Concentrate, Peanuts, Vegetable Glycerin, Whey Crisp (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Tapioca Starch, Calcium Carbonate, Sun ower Lecithin), Palm Oil, Peanut Extract, Sea Salt, Stevia Extract.

EAT DREAM BE bar - Nutrition Facts Serv. Size. (38g), Servings: 1, Amount Per Serving: Calories 160 Fat Cal. 80, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 40mg (2% DV), Total Carb. 18g (6% DV), Fiber 2g (8% DV), Sugars 9g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A (4% DV), Vitamin C (4% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (4% DV). 

Ingredients: Organic Dried Tart Cherries, Organic Gluten-Free Rolled Oats, Organic Walnuts, Organic Poppy Seeds, Organic Soy Lecithin, Organic Honey, Organic Flax Meal, Organic Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate, Organic Lemon Balm, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Locust Bean Gum And Agar, Ancient Sea Salt

Forever PRO x2 Chocolate bar - 15g protein, gluten free, 170cal, 19g carb


Ingredients:  Protein blend (soy protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate), vegetable glycerine, sorbitol, chocolate chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla), soft margarine (palm oil, water, soybean oil, salt, whey, mono and diglyceride, soy lecithin, natural butter flavour, beta-carotene, vitamin a palmitate), inulin, gelatin, chocolate coating (sugar, palm kernel oil, non-fat dry milk, cocoa, soy lecithin, vanilla), cocoa powder, sugar, water, natural flavours, salt, baking soda, potassium sorbate, sucralose

PR bar - Peanut Butter Granola - 15g proten, 200cal, 22g carb, 7g fat


Ingredients: PR protein blend [soy nuts, soy crisps (soy protein isolate, rice flour, salt), soy protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate], com syrup, peanuts, fructose, honey oats (gluten-free oats, honey, canola oll), glycerln, peanut flour, natural flavors, salt.

The Forever Prox2 bar emerged as the clear winner, being creamy, and overall the best tasting. Have a product you'd like me to review? Comment below or send an email to melissa@runheiferrun.com.
 

Don't miss a MOOOOVE we make. Subscribe to the blog now.

* indicates required